J Hatty & Co Company

028 9127 0915

Car Insurance

What should I do if I have an accident?

Please call our 24 hour claims line on 02895214770 from the scene of the accident, or as soon as possible afterwards. While at the accident scene, if there are any injuries to yourself or anyone else you must report the accident to the police and if necessary call an ambulance. You should also collect the names, addresses, insurance and vehicle details of everyone involved, as well as names and contact details of any witnesses.

Does my car insurance policy allow me to drive someone else’s car?

Cover for driving other cars is not available for everyone; for example most insurers can’t provide this cover extension for drivers under 25 and certain occupations.

Before driving someone else’s car, you must have the owner’s permission and their car must have valid insurance already.You can only use the car in the UK for the purposes stated on your certificate.

The extension to drive other cars only applies to the policyholder and NOT named drivers.

It only provides cover for third party damage or injury, and NOT fire, theft or accidental damage.

The cover is limited to third party only and should be viewed as emergency cover.

Is it worth protecting my No Claims Discount on my Car Insurance?

Even careful drivers are involved in accidents sometimes. If you have at least 4 years No Claims Discount (NCD) then you have the option to protect your discount.

NCD protection can be added when you buy a new policy or when you renew your insurance (or up to 30 days afterwards).

Generally it allows you to make one claim in one policy year or two claims in three consecutive policy years without losing your discount though terms differ across insurers.

Home Insurance

How do I make a claim?

Please contact your insurers claim line which is provided in your policy booklet. If you cannot find it or would like some advice prior to your claim give us a ring on 02891270915.

If you need assistance with your claim or with sourcing estimates for repair we can assign a loss assessor to your claim who will provide costs and negotiate with the insure on your behalf.

Should I have accidental damage cover?

The selection of accidental damage cover which is an extra on both the buildings and contents sections of a home insurance policy will result in a higher premium but will give significantly better cover. We would always recommend adding accidental damage cover to the buildings section as the additional cost is minimal. Beware of companies that quote with limited accidental damage cover included as standard, this is not accidental damage cover.

To get a like for like comparison make sure they are quoting for full accidental damage cover.

Back to Top